In the world of jewelry, diamonds have long been the undisputed stars. However, alternative gemstones, such as Moissanite, have recently gained popularity. In this article, we will explore the differences between Moissanite and diamond and unravel the brilliance and characteristics of these alternative gemstones.
Diamond Lab, a 2Shapes customer in Australia, has published an article on this topic: Moissanite vs. Diamond: Unveiling the Brilliance of Alternative Gemstones (Full Article).
In this article, it refers to the following points.
What is moissanite?
- Description of Moissanite as a laboratory-created synthetic gemstone.
- Origin of moissanite crystals and their physical properties.
The diamond as a reference point:
- Diamonds as the most popular and traditional gemstones.
- Key characteristics of diamonds, such as hardness and light refraction.
Comparison of brilliance and appearance:
- Discussion of how Moissanite compares to diamond in brilliance and sparkle.
- The ability of Moissanite to scatter light and generate colored sparkles.
Hardness and strength:
- Explanation of the Mohs hardness scale and the position of diamond and Moissanite on it.
- Considerations on the durability and scratch resistance of both gems.
Ethical and cost considerations:
- Brief mention of the ethical and environmental concerns associated with diamond mining.
- Discussion of the price difference between Moissanite and diamond.
As more people seek alternatives to diamonds, Moissanite has become popular due to its stunning brilliance and affordability compared to natural diamonds. Therefore, Moissanite may be attractive if you are considering quality jewelry and want to explore options beyond traditional diamonds. 2Shapes supports Moissanite 100% from design, rendering, inventory, and pricing.